Job Title: Senior Director of Marketing and Communications
Department: Marketing and Communications
Located in New York City, LRF is the nation’s largest non-profit organization devoted to funding innovative research and serving the lymphoma community through a comprehensive series of education programs, outreach initiatives, and patient services. The Foundation’s mission is to eradicate lymphoma and serve those impacted by the disease.
LRF seeks a talented and experienced professional to join as the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications. The position is based in the LRF New York City office and reports to the Chief Executive Officer. Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Foundation staff are working remotely; when the office re-opens it is expected that all New York-based staff will work in the office.
The Foundation is at an important and exciting stage in its organizational history, having grown and evolved in recent years under new leadership. The Senior Director of Marketing and Communications will bring the skills and expertise that support the continued advancement of the LRF mission. Toward that end, the Senior Director is the primary strategist overseeing the planning, development and execution of integrated marketing and communications plans across the Foundation. The Senior Director oversees data analysis and related strategy to ensure brand consistency and alignment throughout the organization and engagement with the Foundation’s key constituencies (including patients, survivors, caregivers, health care providers scientists, donors, and corporate supporters).
- Serves as a member of the LRF leadership team, responsible for the shared execution of the Foundation’s mission, contributing to the strategic vision and implementation of organization-wide goals
- Leads the four-person Marketing and Communications Department and a cadre of vendors to drive a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy that supports the strategic goals of the organization
- Leads analysis and reporting of organization constituency and key performance indicators
- Designs and implements the Foundation’s strategic communications plan, incorporating clearly defined goals and defining the audience and tactics across programs and campaigns
- Supports analytics capabilities across the organization to address traditional business intelligence needs
- Identifies key audience types/ targets, and develops effective evaluations/ metrics for individual programs and campaigns
- Employs the latest digital communications strategies to increase outreach, brand recognition, and develop an integrated social media and digital strategy
- Works and engages with key internal stakeholders to promote integrated, strategic marketing plans and communications programming
- Supports the integration of Blackbaud products and relevant digital systems as direct marketing tools, leveraging capabilities and insights to improve superior marketing tactics and to build constituent journey models
- Oversees external public and media relations strategies that optimize the positioning of the Foundation in the oncology, health and scientific research sectors; includes implementation of plans to support owned, earned and paid media
- Ensures organization leadership and staff have the tools to seamlessly represent the LRF brand, proactively seeking to improve external communication and brand representation of all kinds, including but not limited to developing talking points, meeting materials, presentations, interview preparation, etc.
- Directs the selection of and services provided by outside vendors as they relate to communications, media generation, graphic design and branding
- Collaborates with department directors to ensure appropriate cross-promotion of Foundation’s mission throughout all focus areas
- The Senior Director of Marketing and Communications will be a highly collaborative colleague who is confident and knowledgeable while also approachable and generous. They will bring intellect, curiosity, and superior interpersonal skills to the role. They will exhibit many of the following experiences, attributes, and competencies:
- Minimum of ten years of related experience in strategic marketing/ public relations required; experience in non-profit sector is strongly preferred
- Expert knowledge and understanding of all aspects of communications and marketing, including skill to create, develop and implement effective long- and short-term plans
- Proven ability to think strategically and rapidly analyze diverse information from varied sources and the ability to learn, adapt and be innovative as new communications challenges arise, including taking the lead on highly visible and sensitive assignments with good judgment
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects effectively, including developing timelines, setting priorities and coordinating the work of multiple staff members
- Experience using online platforms for marketing communication purposes and familiarity with web content management systems and social media outlets is essential
- Skill at translating ideas and scientific/ medical concepts into clear, concise materials that are compelling and engaging for a range of audiences
- Proven experience in as a strategic partner, leading projects and building systems within an organization
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a staff, as well as strong, collaborative relationships at all levels, drawing on a high degree of emotional intelligence and the ability to foster mutual trust and respect
- Ability to set and meet deadlines, and work flexibly within a fast-moving environment
- Alignment with the Foundations values, culture and a commitment to diversity and inclusion, a service orientation, enthusiasm for continual learning, and respect for the LRF mission
- Strong project management skills; ability to be proactive, hands on, extremely organized, efficient and manage multiple projects with great accuracy
- Budget management skills and experience
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge/RE NXT or similar databases, Luminate, Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress and Google Analytics
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to the attention of Meghan Gutierrez, Chief Executive Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.